What information do we collect?
- We collect basic personal information on all visitors, such as their IP addresses, the pages they visited, and the dates and times they accessed our website. This information is compiled to help improve site performance and development.
- We collect and store information provided to us by contact forms on our site. Any time a visitor submits a contact form, the information is automatically stored in our database.
- We collect and store the IP addresses of any visitor who submits a review form in order to prevent spam, malicious actions, or abuse.
- We collect and store personal contact information of contributors, editors, and all other registered site members to enable proper channels of communication and technical support.
- For any other personal information collection, we will identify the purposes for which the information is being collected, before or at the time of collection.
- We use both “session” and “persistent” cookies on Half-Cover. We use session cookies to keep track of what pages you visited during your session. These session cookies are deleted upon your browser being closed.
- We use persistent cookies to allow our website to recognize you and your preferences each time you return to our site. Persistent cookies also store log-in credentials and user account information. These persistent cookies remain on your browser until cleared.
- We employ the services of Google Analytics, which has its own third-party cookies, to analyze visitor activity on our website. However, we have little to no control over the cookies Google Analytics uses.
Distribution of personal information
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling the purposes specified in this policy or at the time of collection.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- It is not our intention to distribute or sell this information to any third-party. We will not share or distribute your personal information unless we obtain prior consent or are required by law.
Safeguards and security
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- Visitors can freely contact us via the Contact Form in the footer of our site about questions relating to the collection of their personal information.