Bio License I: NeuroBuild Core Socket | Cybros Artificial Gills | Medical Acceleration System
Bio License II: Contamination Filtration System | Naginata Ballistic Hardened Skin | NeuroBuild Core Manipulation Engine | Kijiri Impulse Accelerator | Mauser Dragon Breath
Bio License III: Adrenal Regulator | Automal Chameleon Hide | Naginata Mithril Frame | NeuroBuild Elysian Stitches
Bio License IV: Cybros Dragon Soul | Kijiri Advanced Evasion System | Naginata Adamant Frame | Scrypher Polestar
Chest modifications are implants that are installed into your torso and often replace your heart, lungs, stomach, or other organs.
Under-Licensed Use. If you install any chest modifications that you do not have the license for you suffer severe side effects. You gain the malaise ailment and the only treatment is to remove the bio-modification. In addition, you can not use the modification or benefit from any effects it would give you.
Bio License I Chest Modifications
NeuroBuild Core Socket.
Heart Modification. Armor I License
A core socket is a crystalline chamber-shaped implant that is placed inside your heart, replacing the right and left ventricles. By default, a core socket makes you immune to the heart arrhythmia ailment and allows you to have a core inserted into yourself. Cores are a type of armor that bestows a forcefield and can be found within the armor section, though unlike other armors, cores require bio-modification licensing to use, not armor licensing.
The core socket stops your heart from naturally beating and uses the core’s engine to regulate your heartbeat. Without a functional core in the socket, you are reduced to 0 hit points, can not be stabilized without hospital equipment, and automatically fail all death saving throws. Each core socket comes with a “NeuroBuild Dummy” core if no other core is purchased with the install. A core socket costs 1,000 credits and requires 5 hours of labor to install.
A few companies have attempted to produce core sockets and dummy cores for their own brand, however they have minimal to no benefits, and none of them have been released, let alone approved for sale on the open market as they almost all have serious side effects. The exact makeup of a core socket is a closely guarded NeuroBuild secret.
Malfunction. You are reduced to 0 hit points as you experience cardiac arrest.
Cybros Artificial Gills.
Artificial gills appear as patches of rough skin on the left and right sides of a person’s neck, and are easily recognized if not covered. It costs 85 credits and requires 3 hours of labor to install. Once installed, you are able to breathe underwater, and can not be suffocated unless your neck, mouth, and nose is covered.
Malfunction. Your ability to hold your breath is halved.
Medical Acceleration System.
A medical acceleration system is a modification to your liver. It costs 400 credits and requires 5 hours of labor to install. This implant is available from Nebula, Kayana, and Ditreate.Once installed, you gain the following benefits:
- Any pharmaceuticals that you take become active in half the time it would normally take.
- Your lethal dose is reduced by 1.
- The base dosage of a pharmaceutical you consume is reduced by 2 (to a minimum of 0).
- Cure patches heal you every half hour instead of every hour, and last half as long.
Malfunction. You are unable to benefit from any pharmaceuticals.
Bio License II Chest Modifications
Contamination Filtration System.
A contamination filtration system is a modification to your liver. It costs 450 credits and requires 5 hours of labor to install. This implant is available from Nebula, and Kayana. Once installed, you have an advantage on all saving throws against poisons and diseases.
Malfunction. You have disadvantage on all saving throws against poisons and diseases.
Naginata Ballistic Hardened Skin.
Skin Modification. Armor I License.
Ballistic hardened skin is an implant woven into your skin giving it a rough calloused texture. It costs 550 credits and requires 8 hours of labor to install. Once installed, your armor class is increased by 1.
Malfunction. Your armor class is reduced by 1.
NeuroBuild Core Manipulation Engine.
Lung Modification. Phasing I License
The core manipulation engine is a metallic sphere that replaces one of your lungs. It interlocks and connects with your core socket to provide your core with additional functionalities. It costs 650 credits and requires 15 hours of labor to install. Once installed, you have a device mounted to your breast that allows you to insert or remove speciality program chips, called FF-programs, into your chest as an action. You can hold up to 3 FF-programs within this engine. These program chips are sold by NeuroBuild exclusively with proprietary technologies, and can not be created outside of a NeuroBuild lab. Once installed, you are able to activate the FF-programs. The DC for any saving throw caused by a FF-program is equal to your Forcefield. Activating a FF-program requires and expends 1 mana.
- Deflection Engine. 450 credits. As a reaction to being hit by a ranged attack roll you can deflect the attack in another direction. You can choose a creature within 30 feet of you. The chosen creature must make a Dexterity saving throw. On a failed safe, the target takes the damage of the attack roll. If you do not choose a creature, the attack is redirected into the ground without harming you.
- Force Spike. 400 credits. As an action you launch an attack by focusing your forcefield into a beam. A creature within 30 feet of you must make a Dexterity saving throw. On a failed save, the target takes 2 × your Forcefield in plasma damage.
- Plasma Conversion. 475 credits. As a reaction to taking plasma damage, you flare your forcefield to capture and enclose around the plasma. The plasma damage is reduced to 0, and your Forcefield is increased by 1 for every 5 damage prevented in this way. This bonus lasts for 1 minute.
- Radiant Engine. 550 credits. As an action you cause your forcefield to illuminate as a bright and vibrant white light. For the next minute, your forcefield sheds bright light in a 120 foot radius, and dim light for another 120 feet after. You can not be seen through vision that relies on perceiving light, as it appears as a solid white sphere to others, though you can see through it fine.
- Repulsion Engine. 300 credits. As an action you flare out your forcefield. All creatures within 15 feet of you must succeed a Fortitude saving throw or become knocked prone and back up to 30 feet directly away from you.
Malfunction. Your forcefield is suppressed.
Kijiri Impulse Accelerator.
The impulse accelerator is a network of fibers woven into your muscles and tendons. It costs 2,235 credits and requires 14 hours of labor to install. Once installed you gain the following benefits:
- Your Dexterity is increased by 1.
- You gain a +2 bonus to your Initiative.
- You gain a +2 bonus to your Dexterity saving throw.
Malfunction. You have disadvantage on dexterity saving throws.
Mauser Dragon Breath.
Lung Modification. Explosive II License.
A dragon breath is a lung modification that adds an additional chamber to your lungs to hold canisters full of volatile substances. It costs 610 credits and requires 6 hours of labor to install. Once installed, you can use an action to expel whatever substance is within the canister out of your mouth with enough pressure to launch the substance up to 20 feet. A canister weighs 1 pound and can be added or removed to your chamber through a compartment on your chest as an action and can be used three times before being fully expended. The DC for these breath weapons is equal to your Fortitude + 2. The follow are the substance pods available:
- Acid Breath. 615 credits. You cause a 20-foot cone of acidic mist to expel out of your mouth. All creatures within the area of effect take 1d4 acid damage. The mist lingers in the area of effect until a wind of at least 10 miles per hour blows it away, or until a minute passes. Whenever a creature starts its turn within the mist or enters the mist for the first time on its turn, it takes 1d4 acid damage. All metal objects within the area of effect have its break value reduced by 2 at the end of your turn. If an object’s break value is reduced to 0 in this way, the object dissolves into a coarse rust. Adamantine and mithril are immune to this corrosion.
- Burning Breath. 575 credits. All creatures in a 20-foot cone of you must make a Dexterity saving throw. A target takes 2d10 fire damage on a failed save, or half as much on a success. All flammable objects in the area of effect are ignited. At the start of each creature’s turn, if an object it is wearing is ignited in this way, it takes 1d10 fire damage and can use an action to put out the fire by making an Endurance roll against your breath weapon DC.
- Poison Breath. 335 credits. All creatures in a 20-foot cone of you must make a Fortitude saving throw. A target takes 2d8 poison damage and becomes poisoned for the next hour on a failed save. Any edible objects in the area of effect become spoiled.
- Frost Breath. 385 credits. All creatures in a 20-foot cone of you must make a Fortitude saving throw. On a failed save the creatures movement speed is reduced to 0 until the end of its next turn and it suffers the skin damage ailment until cured. All objects in the area of effect become frail, giving creatures advantage on Destruction rolls against them for the next 10 minutes.
- Smoke Breath. 80 credits. You cause a 20 foot cone of smoke to appear. The smoke remains until a wind of at least 10 miles per hour blows it away, or until an hour passes. The smoke spreads around corners and heavily obscures the area it fills. Creatures within the smoke are unable to communicate verbally.
- Shrapnel Breath. 430 credits. All creatures in a 20-foot cone must make a Dexterity saving throw. A target takes 2d10 physical damage on a failed save or half as much on a success. Within the cone’s area of effect, the ground below the cone becomes littered with sharp spikes. Any creature that falls prone on the spikes suffers 1d10 physical damage, and any tire-based vehicle within the area of effect or that drives over the spikes has it’s tires destroyed.
- Water Breath. 170 credits. You cause a 20-foot cone of highly pressured liquid to expel out of your mouth. All creatures within the area of effect must make a Fortitude saving throw. On a failed save, the creature is knocked back 20 feet and falls prone. Any fires within the area of effect are extinguished.
Malfunction. The canister within starts to harmlessly drain at a rate of 1 charge every 6 seconds until empty.
Bio License III Chest Modifications
Muscle Modification. Medical I License.
An adrenal regulator is a modification to your muscles that allows you to control your body’s response to adrenaline. It costs 650 credits and requires 12 hours of labor to install. Once installed, you can make any number of reactions, however you suffer 1d6 physical damage for each reaction you take in a round beyond the first. This damage can not be reduced or prevented in any way.
Malfunction. You can not take any reactions.
Automal Chameleon Hide.
Skin Modification. Stealth II License
Chameleon hide is an implant fused across your skin giving it a smooth and scaly texture. It costs 975 credits and requires 8 hours of labor to install. Once installed, you can have your skin change appearance to your surroundings. You use an action and make a Stealth check with a +10 bonus, the result becomes your hidden value. If you move or perform any actions, this hidden value is immediately reduced to 0. This modification can only hide skin tight clothing and fibers. Any lose or layered clothes in addition to non-fiber armors will not become hidden by this bio-modification.
Malfunction. Your skin flashes projecting a 15-foot radius rainbow hued light. You have disadvantage on all Stealth rolls.
Naginata Mithril Frame.
The mithril frame is a metal bone plating designed to improve your physical strength and durability. It costs 2,675 credits and requires 10 hours of labor to install. Once installed you gain the following benefits:
- Your Fortitude is increased by 1
- All of your speeds are increased by 10.
- You gain a +2 bonus to your Athletics.
- Your weight increases by 10 pounds.
Malfunction. All your speeds are reduced by 10.
NeuroBuild Elysian Stitches.
Skin Modification. Armor III License.
Elysian stitches is a skin modification where vibrant white thread is woven throughout your skin, bestowing you an enhanced forcefield. Anyone who sees your skin can see the glowing white stitches that run across it. It costs 750 credits and requires 24 hours of labor to install. Unlike many other bio modifications, this can only be applied by NeuroBuild licensed professionals in a NeuroBuild laboratory. Once installed, any core you have installed into your own core socket has it’s Forcefield increased by 2.
Malfunction. Your forcefield is disabled.
Bio License IV Chest Modifications
Cybros Dragon Soul.
The dragon soul is a complete heart replacement. It is a precious gemstome that is magically infused with the soul of a dragon. It costs 4750 credits and requires 12 hours of labor to install. Once installed, you gain the following benefits:
- Any creature Hostile to you that starts its turn within 15 feet of you must make a DC 20 Wisdom saving throw, unless you are Incapacitated. On a failed save, the creature is Frightened until the start of its next turn. If a creature’s saving throw is successful, the creature is immune to this effect for the next 24 hours.
- You gain immunity to becoming frightened or charmed.
- You automatically succeed on all saving throws made to resist being grappled or restrained.
- All dragons or dragonkin within 50 miles of you are automatically aware of your presence.
Malfunction. You are reduced to 0 hit points as you experience cardiac arrest.
Kijiri Advanced Evasion System
The advanced evasion system is a network of fibers woven into your muscles and tendons. It costs 2,740 credits and requires 18 hours of labor to install. Once installed you gain the following benefits:
- Your Dexterity is increased by 2.
- Your ranged AC is increased by 2.
- Your safe fall is increased by 40 feet.
- You are able to move at full speed while prone or when squeezing.
- When you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, you instead take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw, and only half damage if you fail.
Malfunction. You become paralyzed.
Naginata Adamant Frame.
The adamant frame is a metal bone plating designed to improve your physical strength and durability. It costs 3,305 credits and requires 12 hours of labor to install. Once installed you gain the following benefits:
- Your Fortitude is increased by 2.
- Your jump distance is doubled.
- Your bones can not be broken, and your limbs can not be severed.
- Your carry capacity is increased by 40.
- Your unarmed damage is increased by 5.
- Your weight increases by 100 pounds.
Malfunction. You become incapacitated.
Heart Modification. Phasing III License
The polestar is a heart modification that anchors and grounds the owner within the prime material plane. Each polestar is customized to an individual. It costs 3075 credits and requires 15 hours to install. Once installed, you gain the following benefits:
- You cannot be forcefully transported into a Gated Plane or banished.
- You always know the direction of your birth location within Astral Space.
- You project a 5 foot aura of prime material influence. All creatures born on the prime material plane within the aura have advantage on all Charisma saving throws and Planar Walking rolls made against planar anomalies from Gated Planes.
- Whenever a creature native to a gated plane makes an attack roll against you or another creature within your aura of influence, it must succeed a DC 20 Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, the attack misses.
Additionally, you can perform a special ritual to gate yourself to the prime material plane from a gated plane. This ritual requires you to focus uninterrupted for 1 hour, and once completed you are gated immediately to the very location of your birth and you must make a DC 25 Charisma saving throw. On a failed save, you are reduced to 0 hit points immediately. On a successful saving throw, you gain the heart arrythmia ailment until cured.
Malfunction. You are reduced to 0 hit points as you experience cardiac arrest.